Biological Treatment of Waste
- Introduce the students to the basic information about the environmental wastes either solid or liquid.
- Give the students information about the proper management of waste material
- Make the students understand the different technologies used worldwide in waste treatment.
- Make the students acquainted with the recent developments in the field of waste safe-disposal, waste-to-energy, waste composting.
Knowledge and understanding
- Make the students classify the environmental waste and means of its treatment.
- Make the students diagnose the magnitude of the mishandling of waste and its environmental impacts.
- Make the students outline the waste stream and the different options available.
|Topic||No. of hours per week|
|1. Waste classification||4|
|2. Solid waste generation and collection||4|
|3. Solid waste handling and recycling||4|
|4. Reuse issues and environmental concerns||4|
|5. Hazardous waste treatment and disposal||4|
|6. Medical waste collection, sorting and handling||4|
|7. Basic Concepts of Wastewater Treatment||4|
|8. Activated sludge processes||4|
|9. Anaerobic treatment of wastewater||4|
|10. Units and principal of operation||4|
|11. Reed Beds and Oxidation Ponds||4|
|12. Novel trends in Wastewater treatments||4|
Credit Points: 3CP CP
Estimated Effort: 4 h / week
Start: Mar, 01 2105
End: Jun, 18 2015